Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I knew I wasn't a Scorpio!

I've always said that someone must have lied about my birth date because I am about as untypical a Scorpio as there can be -for example they can be highly obsessive, compulsive, self-confident, self-possessed, enjoy a good fight - so it's come as no surprise to learn that the astrologers got it wrong and have got it wrong for about the 86% of people.

It's all to do with the constellation of stars that appeared behind the sun on the day you were born. But these star signs were set 2,000 years ago and since then the stars have been moving. So instead of being a Scorpio I'm now a Libran. 

"Always fashionable, elegant and well groomed, she is tasteful and sophisticated, with an eye for quality, beauty and harmony in all things. Among the most sociable of all the signs, she probably has a very large network of friends and a hectic social life."

Ah yes, that's definitely me. I don't think.

But what about all those people who've paid good money to astrologers to have their fortunes told, or have sought advice on life changing decisions? Does this mean that what they were told wasn't accurate?

Well, who'd have thought it?

P.S. Husband is now an Ophiuchan.




6 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

You quite definitely must be a Libran then , given the number of birthday cakes you have to make ! And the fashionable etc. is a given ....
I must investigate this whole development further. I've always been a ditherer ... perhaps this is why .

Liz Hinds said...

Indeed, Sonata. Your whole life could have been different if only you'd known ...

nick said...

No, I'm still Pisces. And a very typical one - always facing both ways and swimming along placidly.

Liz Hinds said...

That's tidy, as we say in Wales, Nick.

Ole Phat Stu said...

What happens to astrology when humans colonise Mars?

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

My husband is a Scorpio , he hates a good fight and he is not highly obsessive,, but he is definitely a Scorpio. I am a Gemini definitely.