Monday, March 23, 2015

Death and cookies make you appreciate life more

Remember that diet I started two weeks ago? No, neither do I really.

It's vaguely in my mind and I try a little bit but I do seem to have lost control of my eating. But then something happens and a bit of extra weight doesn't seem to matter so much.

I heard today that a woman from Linden had died. She's been ill for some time and it was expected but she's not much older than me - too young to die - and has children and grandchildren as I do.

When death happens life seems all the more precious. Clichéd I know but clichés are almost always true.

So I'd like to say that I made chocolate chip cookies because I could, because I'm alive and healthy, because life is too short to always make the right choice. 

(But actually I'd decided to make them before I heard.)

(And I really do want to take control of my eating again. But not today.)

1 comment:

mrsnesbitt said...

Spot on! In so many ways