Saturday, August 21, 2010

A surprise weekend?

I am in the shower when I hear Husband call to me, 'What sleeping bag do you want?'

And I'm thinking: the hotel we're staying in - where the party is being held - is four star; surely I don't need a sleeping bag.

But then I wonder if Husband is living up to his retirement mantra - we must save money - and has cancelled the hotel booking in favour of camping. And I recall that he has left the inflatable mattress and pump, which he found in the attic, on the bedroom floor.

He's out walking George now. I shall quiz him when he gets back. And if he has planned a 'surprise' for me, Cousin's golden wedding party could turn into our divorce party.

P.S. And, seriously, I need to be pinned into my dress if I am to avoid an embarrassing moment.

10 comments:

nick said...

Camping? How unpleasant is that? I've only been camping once in my life and that was more than enough. Mud and downpours for two solid weeks.

If he's cancelled the four-star hotel, I'm sure a very nasty punishment is called for. Like putting him in a tent in the back garden for a week.

Devonshire Dumpling said...

I know a good divorce lawyer!

I tend to think that he's winding you up and you have fallen for it(But if the worst comes to the worst I know a good divorce lawyer!)

NitWit1 said...

A one star hotel is better than camping, unless you camp high style with a a pull behind trailer, or RV notor home ---with all conveniences like shower, toilet, kitchen.

Even then I prefer a hotel/motel where I don't have to cook. We eat out. In the motel we, watch TV, blog wirelessly on laptops.

Camping means rain, bugs, ants, caveman cooking techniques and probably an astham attack.

Katney said...

I am a camper myself, though we have upgraded to our tiny trailer. But for a 50th anniversary party, I think I would opt for the hotel.

CherryPie said...

Maybe he was thinking of which case you needed to pack your clothes in?

Leslie: said...

Uh oh! I do hope he was pulling your leg.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Oh, dear. Do let us know! I made your pineapple shortbread on Friday and have just blogged about it!

Ole Phat Stu said...

Back in the 60s my then GF asked me that question too.
My reply 'Christine Keeler and/or mandy Rice-Davies ;-)' got my face slapped ;-)

Rose said...

Maybe Husband has the anniversary party confused with Zac's celebration? Do keep us posted as to what happened...and any fashion mishaps:)

Katney said...

Oh, dear--no fashion mishaps, Rose. No need to repeat the Superbowl fiasco. But we do want to know about the sleeping bag when you get home.