Sunday, August 22, 2010

A bit of a do - continued

We didn't camp. Husband denied asking me about the sleeping bag. In fact he looked at me blankly - not that unusual an occurrence - and accused me of dreaming things.

So, anyway, this is the 4 star Castle Hotel in Taunton and very posh it is too. That's wisteria covering the front façade and apparently it's 160 years old. It must look glorious when it's in full blue bloom.
And look at our enormous bed! (How sad am I taking a photo of a bed?!)
And here's me in my posh frock, complete with fetching tan marks. At this point I'm still securely pinned in; later in the evening I had to keep my fluffy shrug on as my pins bent under the strain of too much good food.

9 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

You look stunning Liz, I love the dress.

don't worry I have a photo of a bed too, tucked away in my archives. When we went to stay in a hotel that the bed was soooooo huge, could of fitted another couple in there... ha ha ah

CherryPie said...

If you are sad taking a photograph of one bed what does that make me? I have a collection of bed photos on Flickr!!!

You look stunning and beautiful :-)

Katney said...

And lovely you are in it!

Leslie: said...

You look gorgeous, Liz! I love the colour of your "topless" dress!

Dragonstar said...

I wish I could wear a dress like that! Absolutely gorgeous Liz.

Furtheron said...

that is one posh hotel... however looking at you I doubt you'd fit in in a Travelodge looking like that :-)

XXYXX said...

160 years old, really, very out of date. You really should stay somewhere more up to date. Oh, yes, the dress and all that. Sure if you want to look beautiful and all that.

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you all! Of course I put the photo up so everyone would say how nice I looked !!

sally in norfolk said...

and why not be told how lovely you look when its ssoo true :-) well done with the slimming and a great dress too :-)