Thursday, August 19, 2010

A bit of a do

Phew, that was a bit heavy for me. Now something a bit lighter.

The UK chapter of the God Squad is celebrating its 15th anniversary this year and this weekend lots of people are gathering in a field somewhere to party. On Tuesday in Zac's Una said to me, 'You should come, Liz.'

Yeah, I'm a biker chick. Apart from the biker bit. And the chick bit.

And I've definitely done with camping in muddy fields in the pouring rain.

Anyway, we're going to 'a bit of a do'. My second cousin and his wife are celebrating their golden wedding anniversary and have invited friends and the original guests from their wedding - or if they're dead the next in line - to an evening at a smart hotel in Taunton. My mum went so I'm invited, and it's a dinner jacket and posh frock affair.

Last weekend I dug out the strapless - not topless, strapless is the word I must remember to use - top and long skirt that I wore to one of Husband's work dos and tried them on. The skirt was a snug fit but the top was loose. Never in my life, at least not since having babies, can I be said to have been lacking in the bosom department so this came as a bit of a shock.

I'm going to have to remember to keep still and not jig around too much.

4 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Hmmm yes - remember my "do" with the basque! lol!

Jay said...

Oh, poor you! Perhaps you need a couple of 'chicken fillets'! LOL!

I wouldn't be choosing the muddy field, either. Been there, done that, don't want to do it anymore. ;)

Liz Hinds said...

I have eaten extra apple crumble tonight to fill and fill it out, mrs n!

Precsiely, jay. Someone else's turn now to wear the wellies to sleep in.

CherryPie said...

We were talking about camping in the rain at work yesterday. We all agreed it was a definite no-no!