Friday, April 02, 2010

All hoovered out

Do you remember this wonderful super-whizzy red hoover I bought about 18 months ago?

Well, 'tis no more.

No, it wasn't supposed to be spitting out red hot embers. It turns out the motor has burned out. Apparently because I haven't been washing the pre-motor filter (at three month intervals) or the exhaust filter (monthly).

I didn't even know they existed, let alone that they needed tender loving care!

I blame George. He sheds too much hair.

I'll read the manual before I use the next hoover.

4 comments:

CherryPie said...

How about getting a heavy duty one that copes with dog hairs?

Anonymous said...

I have givenup hoovering - its dull!

Anonymous said...

I've got this http://www.henryvacs.co.uk/acatalog/Hetty_Vacuum_Cleaner_HET200A_.html

and it copes with big dog, 2 long haired cats, 3 short haired cats..4 kids... and a bloke!!
Its very simple which is why I like it, just have to change the bag :0)

Liz Hinds said...

It was allegedly a pet-coping one, cherrypie!!

I agree, mutley.

I prefer an upright one though, amanda. We've got a Henry in work and I don't like it.