Monday, March 22, 2010

Who's that knocking at my door?

Yesterday morning I decided that instead of going to the temple of God I'd pay homage at the temple of Mammon (Sainsburys). I was just leaving the house when I was pounced upon by Jehovah's Witnesses. 'Oh no!' I thought. 'It's a sign: I should be in church!'

I didn't really. But it did make me smile in a sort of 'serves me right' way.

I suppose the JWs have worked out that good Christians will be in church on a Sunday morning so won't be at home to argue with them.



4 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

My dear husband makes the fatal mistake of trying to convert the Witnesses who come to the door .

Leslie: said...

Oh dear! Just say a simple thanks to God that you were able to worship at Sainsbury's. So many can't.

Lia said...

My sister is a JW, I always say no thank you I have my own personal JW to annoy me.

Much love
Lia
xx

Anonymous said...

I found some once out in a 90 % Asian area with their nice picture of heaven leaflet entirely filled with white people... twits!