I shouldn't have tried to cook a roast dinner, do the ironing, and keep an eye on Syd at the same time.
The parsnips were overcooked, the ironing didn't get finished, and Syd wee-ed in the hall.
* * * * *
I don't think Syd likes me watching him when he does a poo: he goes around the corner to do it. Which is strange as he insists on watching me.
This morning he came into the shower with me. Right into the shower. Drinking water as it went down the plughole. I moved a bit so he'd get even wetter and realise it wasn't a good idea but it didn't phase him. He was just one soggy doggy.
Exercise class this morning. I have to say that I work harder than most people on it. Then this evening I start my course. I have special leave from Zac's for the duration!
Emotionally Healthy Spirituality. I am hoping that by the time I finish this course I will be normal and less of a bundle of insecurities.
* * * * *
Theo of Golden. Have you read it? It is lovely. When I began it I feared it was going to turn out to be one of those nicey-nicey feel-good stories. And it was but there was more to it. I cared about the people and the warmth just shone through. Warning: it does talk about God a bit!
And yesterday I picked up War of the Worlds from the library. I heard a clip from it on the radio and realised I'd never read it. I'm not a sci-fi fan - if that is what this is - but I loved the John Wyndham Triffid and other books. So we shall see.
Driving to exercise this morning I was thinking about my grandfather. He was a great reader. I used to choose murder books for him from the library. My choice was based on the goriness of the cover rather than quality of writing but he got through loads. I don't remember seeing my gran read; she was always too busy. By the time I was choosing books for him my grandfather was retired and quite deaf, so he'd sit in the corner, next to the radio, smoke a cigarette, and read.
My grandmother preferred to go down the pub and have a beer or two with her sister and friends.
6 comments:
"Emotionally Healthy Spirituality" -- sounds intriguing! I hope you fill us in on what the course teaches you!
I don't think I could train a pup.
Please don't become normal. I know people who are normal. They are dull. Syd in the shower might be a good idea. When he needs bathing in the future, maybe you can shampoo him in the shower when you shampoo you.
Love,
Janie
I will do, Debra!
It is going to take lot of perseverance, AC.
I think there's very little chance actually, Janie, of me becoming normal.
Post a Comment