A bit late to the party but what Husband has been telling me for some time has just sunk in: I can borrow online audiobooks from the library. In principle anyway. I'm not entirely sure how it works yet but if I can manage it, it will make long car journeys much easier on the ear.
* * * * *
While our figs have been fabulous the same can't be said of the oranges.
And Husband tells me that's the best one he's ever grown.* * * * *
So Count Binface lost but did amazingly coming in second and getting nearly 10,000 votes compared to HWSNBN's 22,000. The good news is that, the day after HWSNBN won, the parliamentary investigation into his dodgy dealings began again.
* * * * *
In Rough Edges on Thursday I was enthusiastically emptying drawers in the office and under the counter, rescuing anything I could use or we could use in Zac's. The rest went to recycling or in the skip.
At the end of the day Sean said, "Where's the remote to bring down the shutters?" (The only way to close up the sheds.)
"I always put it in the drawer," Kathryn said. "It should be there. Unless . . ." She looked at me.
"No, I wouldn't have thrown it away. Would I? No!"
I joined in the search of all the possible places. Definitely no remote. I was starting to get panicky.
"If you had thrown it away, where would you have thrown it?" Sean asked.
"In the skip?" I said. "But I didn't, I'm sure."
I had. Fortunately I'd been throwing things in the same place and it must have been one of the last things to go so we found it easily. I did have visions of me having to stay there emptying the skip until I found it though.
It's puts a whole different perspective on the words 'losing the remote."

2 comments:
Glad you found the remote. I’ve done similar where I swore I hadn’t done something only to find out I actually had
New dog recently got a hold of our remote. Glad you found yours. Happy New Week.
Post a Comment