Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Knickers and books

I've posted it.

* * * * *

I have bought ten new pairs of knickers and ordered books from the library.

That's my most important holiday prep done.

* * * * *

I have got into the habit of going up to strangers, usually men, and asking what sort of dog it is they have. Usually cockapoos as I suspected but wanted confirmation. All owners speak highly and recommend getting one.

Husband has become even more vocal in his insistence that we're not getting a dog. "I mean it! You'll have to do everything. You'll have to get up in the morning to let him out!"

Now, Husband is always up first and he brings me a cup of tea in bed but, apparently, even though he's up he isn't going to let the dog out. "He'll run away!"

I've tried to reassure him that not all dogs have a wanderlust like George did. (And Louie it now appears.)

My children and, in particular the grandchildren, are of the opinion I should just go and buy one. 

And here's a photo of George.



9 comments:

Kathy G said...

Let us know if your post gets a response. If you do end up getting a dog maybe a small one that would be easier to handle?

Anvilcloud said...

Lacking a dog, I am wondering if hub by is all bark and no bite.

Boud said...

I'm in Team Justgetadog.

Ann said...

I had a cockapoo when I was a child. That do would run off every chance she got. Sweet dog though

Liz Hinds said...

Ha ha. I would like to think so, AC.

Liz Hinds said...

Golden retriever would be my first choice so a cockapoo is smaller than that!

Liz Hinds said...

Yay!

Liz Hinds said...

How do I say this without sounding rude? I thought cockapoos were a fairly recent invention? !

CaptainKirt said...

He'll mellow when the dog looks up with those eyes dogs have. Getting a dog really changed my life and would never want to be without one.