Last night I dreamed I was due to preach in church this morning but I'd gone to a different church and, for some reason, we were climbing up a very tall tower. It wasn't even a stone tower but a soft cloth one. We were at the top when I realised I was supposed to be preaching somewhere else. So, no, I wasn't stressed at all.
I've been quite calm in the run-up but was a bit trembly this morning. I'm pleased to report it all went okay. Jordan, the pastor, said I was brilliant - but he would say that - and Monty, the reason I'm in this church, approved of what I said, and agreed with my slightly off-topic add-in about the infallibility or otherwise of the scriptures.
I also managed to get my article off to the editor before the deadline so I can think about other things now.
I remember, I didn't tell you: there was a fire in Verdi's! That's the ice cream parlour that my friend and I always meet in. It's very strange: over the last few years there have been fires in the pier chip shop, the pier café, and now Verdi's. Maybe it's an arsonist who doesn't like tourists/people who eat chips/people who eat ice cream.
The dilemma it causes: where shall Vivien and I meet now?
* * * * *
Tomorrow I plan to do some gardening and start work on bringing together the writing group's writing for Ukraine. Did I tell you that we're planning to publish a small book of writing to raise funds and, primarily, remind people that the war continues?
* * * * *
I harvested the rhubarb yesterday afternoon. Made a rhubarb and raspberry crumble for us and took the rest to church for others today.
* * * * *
In case you're interested, here's the recording of my 'sermon' this morning.

9 comments:
A fire in an ice creamery is definitively not cool.
You have a lot going on!
Some developer wanting to scare off small business then move in with new building at bargain basement price? Is there a Welsh Mob?
I'm glad your sermon was well received! Sorry to hear about Verdi's.
Very clever, AC!
So it seems, Kathy.
Interestingly there was talk of the Mob when Verdi's was first built, permission being given to them even though they blocked householders views. And lots of marble came from italy.
Thank you, Debra.
You have a lovely warm way of communicating with your audience/congregation. I can see you being asked again.
Post a Comment