Wednesday, July 29, 2026

I spoke too soon

After saying I'm only a bit under the weather yesterday I had a slump. They keep coming and going, hot flushes, rough feelings. I think I have a summer cold. That's what they say isn't it? That's what they call them?

Are summer colds different from winter colds? And why do we call colds in winter just colds, not winter colds? Maybe we should have spring and autumn colds too. Now I'm thinking about it, I'm wondering do they actually call them summer colds? Or have I made that up?

I was thinking about these things in the shower. I thought, "I'll google that." Then something else came into my head and I decided I'd google that too but I can't remember what it was. From there I went on to thinking about stream of consciousness writing.

I slept well last night apart from the most stressful dream just before I woke up. And I've finished my jigsaw.

Yes, I do get a bit obsessed once I start. A 1000 piece jigsaw in one day. There were lots of dates on it so that made pieces easier to place.

* * * * *

Oh yes, Debra commented on my previous post that it was wars and things that made rich land-owners rich and able to acquire/build fine houses. In the Prideaux Place story it was largely marrying rich heiresses that kept the family in the style to which they wanted to be kept. 

* * * * *
A posy from the garden.


* * * * *
According to AI, summer colds in the UK remain low and at expected seasonal levels, driven primarily by baseline circulation of rhinovirus. A different article said it's more likely to be enterovirus. 

Then again yesterday AI told me that Annapolis was named after Princess Anne, daughter of Queen Elizabeth, who later became Queen Anne.



1 comment:

Anvilcloud said...

I expect that summer colds are somewhat unusual, so we give them special status. 😄