Monday, July 27, 2026

A Cornish sketchbook

You may recall that, a couple of weeks ago, I bought a small sketchbook so I could doodle about our holiday in Cornwall. Well, we arrived in Padstow and almost the first thing I saw was the bookshop window display.


Yes, someone beat me to it and published a Cornish sketchbook. How rude. And how depressingly good.

Nevertheless . . .


They might not be good but they're my memories.

* * * * *

Next Sunday I'm 'preaching' in church. Quote marks to make it seem less terrifying. I have spoken in church before, but that was before I joined the church and people didn't know me. Now they do. And then it was on topics I was confident about; this time it's on a piece of scripture 2 Peter 1:15-21. So I've had to do lots of research, and I'm not sure I entirely agree with some of it so most of my talk will be along party lines with maybe a curve ball thrown in at the end. By then people will have stopped listening so it'll be fine.

The deadline for my next magazine article is the following Wednesday so I've started thinking about that too. Now the problem is making sure I don't get the two topics mixed up.

* * * * *

I was afraid my newly-planted tubs might have suffered during our week away - no rain there or here - but they seem to have survived remarkably well on the whole. One or two casualties but those looked a bit dodgy when I planted them.

* * * * *
Still disgusted with whole Burnham business. Am deliberately ignoring him.



2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Sketching seems like a great idea. At the least, I would think that it might make you more contemplative at the time — slow down and take it in.

Liz Hinds said...

That's true, it does.