Monday, September 23, 2024

It's not me

It's other people.

Husband is anxious as we wait for a date for his operation. I am anxious for him. That's fair enough. But when I find myself getting stressed by random peoples' high stress levels it's not on. I don't need their add-ons. I have enough of my own.

So to reduce my stress I'm creating a new website.

Yes, of course I'm joking. My stress levels are going through the roof but at least my mind is occupied.

I had a letter from my author website host telling me my subscription was due. I must have had it on special offer for the first couple of years because the price they want to charge me now is ridiculous. So I quizzed Elder Son, IT expert, and discovered I could have a simple website hosted for free.

Which is what I opted for. Not only that but the host I've chosen allows me to import my original website. Excellent. All going well so far.

Then I import the website and find that if I want this function or that I will need to upgrade. So forget importing website and begin again from nothing. I am writing this quite calmly, a fact that belies my frustration. Whenever a site says, 'it's easy!' you know it's not. Unless you're a tech wizard and understand things like SQL, FTP, PHP, and aliases.

And it's raining today. Oh, just remembered I need to make a birthday cake for Marcus at Zac's tomorrow. And put the washing in. 

But here is some autumnal colour from a walk Husband and I took with Toby last week.





5 comments:

jabblog said...

Stress is not good. Breathe deeply, have a bubble bath or a massage, do something that makes you smile. Autumn colours are increasing now - lovely.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's great that you have Elder Son to help with IT issues!

Boud said...

any chance of getting elder son to manage the website... In other news, you may need a reboot of your activities. What are you doing just for yourself? You do a lot of compassionate work for other people. I just think you need time just for you. End of unsolicited advice.

Kathy G said...

Boud said what I was going to much better than I would have.

Ann said...

What jabblog said. Breathe deep.