Sunday, August 25, 2024

Not so jolly japes

Having been to church, tidied the kitchen, done the ironing, and changed the bed, I feel justified in sitting down to a new jigsaw.

And I find that not all the books on the shelves are unique, rather they appear several times. This has annoyed me a lot, probably an unreasonable amount. This is not what I want from a jigsaw.

I am a jumble. My head isn't sure what it's thinking. Am I tired? Or just lazy? Is it real weariness? Or simply idleness? Am I depressed or telling myself I am? I want to do lots of things but I can't be bothered. There are many things I should do, but the same applies. Mostly I want to curl up in bed and sleep - but my nights are restless. I need to keep busy but don't have the enthusiasm.

So right now I don't want an annoying jigsaw!

I should add that Toby Dog is coming to stay this week so I'll soon have plenty to keep me busy and active.


6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Maybe you just need a day off, Liz, to do absolutely nothing and rest. I used to have days like that when I was working full time -- I called them "crash and burn days" and felt better afterwards once I had completely rested. Nothing to feel guilty about!

Kathy G said...

Nothing says that you have to finish every puzzle you start.

Boud said...

Do you ever get a day just to yourself, without attending to other people? I think you could use one. Or more.

Ann said...

I have the problem all the time of having things I want to do but can't get myself to do them.

jabblog said...

I blame it on the weather!

Janie Junebug said...

Maybe you need a nap every now and then. We should treat ourselves the way we treated our overly tired and stressed toddlers.

Love,
Janie