Monday, July 22, 2024

Purple haze

Well, yesterday turned into a busy day. After planting what I now know is a hazel tree in the morning I set to digging a hole for the fence.

I would like to say that I put this fence up by myself - but I didn't. I dug the holes, painted the fence, poured in the concrete, and held the spirit level, but relied on Husband for the rest. I am taking it as a lesson in how to put up a fence. Should I ever need to in future, I will know exactly what to do, and I won't need a spirit level.


That was followed by a walk with Elder Son and Toby over the tip.




The tip is very much in its purple phase.

* * * * *
It turns out to be a good job that our last-minute holiday was downgraded to day trips as Husband now has a neurology appointment on Wednesday.





9 comments:

Boud said...

Good wishes on the neuro appointment. Thalassa Cruso, tv gardener long ago, quirky lady, used to say that the garden of Eden, all original wild flowers, was probably purple!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Nice job on that fence! And I've always loved wild Scottish thistles.

Anvilcloud said...

Good job on the fence and the tip flowers.

Marie Smith said...

I love the natural purples of the outdoors. Good luck to hubby with the appointment.

jabblog said...

Everything happens for a purpose and now your husband will be attended to much sooner than he would have been had you gone away on holiday. Clouds and linings . . .

Ann said...

Good to know how to do things. So many jobs around here that I wouldn't even know where to begin.
Good luck to your husband at his appointment.

acorn hollow said...

a hard job on the fence. A very lovely walk. Good luck to your husband on his appointment.
Cathy

Janie Junebug said...

I'm impressed by everything you accomplished. I hope the appointment goes well.

Love,
Janie

Anonymous said...

I was expecting music by Hendrix