Saturday, July 27, 2024

Food

I've tried two new recipes at home this week, both tasty though perhaps not very healthy i.e. using creme fraiche and lardons. 

The first was creamy chicken and gnocchi spinach bake.

The second was cheat's chicken bourguignon, but I forgot to take a photo. 

We usually find Thursday lunchtimes busier than Fridays in Zac's but this week we handed out 98 meals each day - on Friday it's normally in the eighties. It's school holidays so there were several children in the queue, but generally numbers are rising.

The new Labour government has a lot to do and it will take time to repair all the damage, but there are lots of the right noises coming from ministers, so hope is high.



7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

But doesn't the spinach make it healthy, lol?

Boud said...

As long as you're shunning sugar..

Liz Hinds said...

I hadn't thought of that, Debra. You're right. Totally healthy. And I am shunning sugar, Boud, so I'm rolling!

Anvilcloud said...

Looks yummy to me.

Abby said...

I'm in agreement. The spinach cancels the unhealthy stuff

Ann said...

The first one has spinach in it so I consider that diet food...lol

Anonymous said...

I wish I could agree about spinach’s being healthful but some of us (with gout, at least) must limit spinach consumption. I guess I could brand it as semi-healthful. However, as a favorite food of mine, your cooking would surely please my tastebuds.
Cop Car