Thursday, July 04, 2024

A Big Day today

Yes, GrandSon1 becomes a teenager.

In other news we have a general election. I plan to try to stay up for a while to see results come in. It seems very likely that Labour will win; the more exciting bit is which Tories will lose their seats.

Also being launched today in Swansea we have Castles in the Sky, a free art trail with more than thirty castles around the city. It's being hosted by Wales Air Ambulance, and each sculpture has been individually designed and sponsored.

Today I spotted two castles - and I wasn't looking for them! One was greeting me as I walked into the library in Oystermouth.  I did however manage to miss the one in the children's room, even though I was in there choosing books to read to the grands in Italy. I blame Rhyme Time, which had just finished leaving lots of mums chatting and babies playing in there.

In the window of the Wales Air Ambulance charity shop

In the library entrance

And a happy Independence Day to all American friends!

5 comments:

Boud said...

Interesting date for your election! Let's hope some good, or better, guys win.

jabblog said...

Nice castles:-)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm sure there will be many wonderfully painted castles to see!

Cop Car said...

Nice castle spotting, Liz. Thanks for the wishes to us in the USA. It's hard, just now, to retain optimism.

Ann said...

Cool castle.