Saturday, May 04, 2024

Victory is mine - briefly

It's been a lovely sunny day today. When I hung out my washing I took a little stroll around the garden to inspect the plants. The first bloom is on the roses and there are lots of buds too. The plants I planted are all mostly aliveish and life is looking good until . . . I see the terrible tentacle of the dreaded bindweed popping up its ugly little tip around my rhubarb!

It could have ruined a day for a girl. But I took pleasure in viciously pulling it up. I know it will be back tomorrow but for now the victory is mine.

* * * * *


So today I've booked theatre tickets and a hotel in London for the day after my birthday in November. It's to see Operation Mincemeat, which has had ridiculously good reviews, and which my friend, Vivien, has seen twice and highly recommends.

I've also received an appointment at the end of May for an NHS hearing test with the audiologist in hospital. 

I've done my Welsh lesson, a Sainsburys order, and had time to lie in the sun for a while. (And go through my talk again.)

Tomorrow morning it's talking in church, tomorrow evening it's squeaking at the Springsteen concert in Cardiff. I was so low earlier in the week I wasn't at all enthusiastic about it but now I'm ready! 


4 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I have been working so hard in my gardens this year I am no great gardener but I do love to scratch around in them.
Caty

jabblog said...

The trick, so I'm told, is to keep on top of the blighters.
Enjoy your Sunday.

Ann said...

I wish I had the ambition to work in the garden. I've got a sadly neglected yard other than the mowing which I pay someone to do.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Enjoy the theatre production of "Operation Mincemeat." I saw the film with Colin Firth and enjoyed it. The story was extra interesting to me because my father was part of the Canadian troops who were involved in the invasion of Sicily and the Italian campaign.