Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Could you beat in an elephant in a fight?

When I arrived at Zac's last night Craig asked me if I'd remembered. I told him I had. Then he wanted to know if we were having cake before or after bible study. I said after, as we always do. He nodded, took his cup of coffee and sat down.

About five minutes into study he got up, put on his coat, and left.

Which was a shame because my sponge was the best one I've made for ages.

When I had to get rid of my old broken food processor I feared that it was taking with it my ability to make light sponges. My new food mixer certainly didn't do it as well, and my recent birthday cakes, made with my new food processor, had been okay but not, I felt, up to my high standard. 

Last night it got there!

Craig comes for lunch on Thursdays and Fridays so I've saved him the piece of cake with his name on it - not that he deserves it! But grace is getting what we don't deserve.

It was a really good bible study too, led by Sean, about maturing in faith, building on foundations, and graduating from milk to solid foods. Inspiring, especially as I need to mature to deal with 'the thorn in my side' as mentioned in previous posts about Zac's.

And I had a bit of an epiphany about love. If it's possible to have a bit of an epiphany.*

I came across this chart from 2021 on Twitter. 

I'm guessing the Americans are planning on using guns. (Just noticed it specifies unarmed.)

* An epiphany is defined as a sudden and striking realisation, so that probably rules out 'a bit of an epiphany.' Like unique, something can't be quite unique. It's either unique or not.


4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like Craig has trouble deferring gratification.

Boud said...

I credit Craig with showing up! Maybe what he really wanted was to know you'd done that for him. Or possibly he cringed from the potential group attention when it was cut. I don't think deserving comes into it, really.

Anvilcloud said...

I like the zinger at the end.

Ann said...

You're a kinder person than I am. I wouldn't have saved a piece of cake for Craig but I would make a point of telling him how good it was :)