Saturday, January 13, 2024

This, that, and intelligence tets

Walk was postponed until tomorrow so I came up with a great plan: I'd start sorting out the attic. Then Husband reminded me that it would be cold up there. I'd been vaguely thinking: there's insulation so I'll be warm. I'd forgotten the insulation worked the other way.

Anyway, so I did a bit of Welsh, and marzipanned an anniversary cake, while bopping around the kitchen to the Pogues.

I have a short clip from the musical on my phone but don't know how to get it onto here. If I work it out I'll post it but don't hold your breath.

Now I'm just wasting minutes until it's time to cook the rice for dinner. I tried a new lamb bhuna recipe yesterday and we have leftovers today. It used neck fillet and the meat is deliciously tender and succulent.

And my five meals from Hello Fresh have arrived so we'll start on those tomorrow. Reports to follow. Which reminds me: I didn't report back on the dog intelligence testing.

Louie, 18-month-old Sprocker, was first up. He managed to complete it i.e. retrieve all eight treats, in one minute.

Toby, five-year-old Duck Toller Retriever, of whom I had great hopes because he loves his treats, wasn't quite so successful. He retrieved seven but was then so busy licking the little holders for every last trace he forgot to get the last one. His time was, um, a bit longer. Maybe two minutes longer!



2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Both the dogs seem plenty intelligent!

Ann said...

I have one of those dog puzzles and Gibbs seems to be more interested in chewing the little covers than anything else.