Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Food and gods

Think I may have got the cover sussed - at least for now - so now it's onto the inside. Again I've forgotten how to do it.

So having a little break. Was supposed to be walking with Daughter and gods dogs today but weather is horrid so haven't had any fresh air yet. I might pop to the Post Office later. 

(I think walking with gods could be a bit risky. If you rebuffed the advance of Zeus, who, it seems, had an enormous appetite for sex, you'd likely be struck by a lightning bolt.)

* * * * *

Last night I tried out a new recipe. Basically gnocchi, squash, and spinach in a creamy sauce. It was a bit too creamy and lacked any bite. Needed a bit of oompfh. And this morning I've made chocolate chip muffins using a recipe from the people whose recipe for blueberry muffins I used last time. Those were delicious but our friends at Zac's tend to avoid anything they think looks healthy e.g. a muffin containing blueberries.

It's the ruby anniversary party this evening so I'll be taking the big (heavy) cake too.


3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

That pan looks good, but I suspect that I wouldn't care for it. There's something about squash.

Ann said...

The gnocchi recipe looks good. I like everything you put in it.
Chocolate chip muffins sound good too.

Chris said...

Mmmmm I'm not sure about that recipe, but I'd give those chocolate muffins a try, looked very tasty. Read back and you have snowdrops flowering, I'm green with envy!