Thursday, December 14, 2023

Technical problems

So we watched A Child's Christmas in Wales on the television but could only get the sound to come from my phone. We missed the first bit altogether because I hadn't realised there was no sound and then I heard most of what he said except when he whispered. But had a very pleasant evening with Daughter-in-law chatting over the ukulele band that we couldn't hear properly either. Sure they were very good though. 

The event was held in the parlour of Dylan Thomas's childhood home so not a lot of room for a live audience but next year, if they do it again, I must try and get us in there.

* * * * *

I should have included this in the previous post but didn't think of it until later. A rendition of Ding, Dong, Merrily on High from King's College, Cambridge.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I have a CD of that old (1952) recording of Dylan Thomas reading "A Child's Christmas in Wales." Every year I pull it out with my other Christmas CDs; sometimes it gets played, sometimes it doesn't. It is a true classic, isn't it.

Boud said...

I used to have that on a record. I think it was Caedmon who recorded poetry. Now I have a small book with woodcut illustrations and additions by son when he was small! It's a wonderful poem!

The Uncles! The aunt in the backyard singing that her heart was like a bird! Butterwelsh for the Welsh! Wolves in Wales! Mr Daniel looks like a spaniel!

Anvilcloud said...

There is something about boys in a choir singing Christmas songs, especially in a church setting like that.

Ann said...

Enjoyed listening to the video

Janie Junebug said...

Last year I watched A Child's Christmas In Wales on BritBox and enjoyed it. Is that the same thing?

Love,
Janie