Monday, September 18, 2023

Is 67 the new 35?

According to the ads I see on the internet a 67-year-old grandmother has invented the no-wire support bra we've all been waiting for. Another - or possibly the same - 67-year-old grandmother has developed an alternative to Botox. 

It could have been me. I was a 67-year-old grandmother once. Passed my peak now I fear. What could have been.

Instead I notice that as well as those things I prefer to call beauty spots I'm now getting warts. It seems I am turning into either an old hag or a toad. 

* * * * *

I have two speaking and one writing engagement over the course of the next month. It sounds terrifying when I put it like that.

I have written my talk for next Sunday, just have to practise and tweak it now. I start off with a good idea but by the time I've finished I have no idea if what I'm saying even makes sense or is helpful in any way. 

I have planned/written in my head the other talk and I have a subject in mind for the article. So I'm ahead of myself really.

* * * * *

My phone just rang. I didn't know the number so just sat and stared at it until it stopped. 

Before it rang I was considering going for a walk. It's something I never contemplate now we don't have George. In fact I could take Toby Dog. Yes, that's a good idea; I'll do that.




4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

We do our share of staring at phones hereabouts.

Ole phat Stu said...

Plan your talk backwards. Write down the conclusion you want to make on the bottom line of your page.
On the line above write the premises that gets you there.
Repeat as often as needed.
Now read your talk forwards and it makes sense.

Liz Hinds said...

That means I have to know what my conclusion is, Stu!

Ann said...

I never answer the phone if I don't know the number.