Saturday, June 10, 2023

Muted celebrations

So Boris Johnson has gone. "For now," he said. He resigned as an MP yesterday with immediate effect.

I'd like to feel happier but there is still so much wrong with the political system. It would be nice to think this is the beginning of a change but with Sir Jacob Rees-Mogg and Dame Priti Patel, it doesn't feel like it.

Priti Patel, for those who don't know is in charge of the deporting refugees to Rwanda scheme and leading the fight against the small boats bringing desperate asylum seekers across the channel. 

Jacob Rees-Mogg is - well, take what you imagine when you hear that name and double it in awfulness.

On to cheerier things. 

The glorious weather is set to end soon but we've had four weeks of sunshine, even got a mention on the BBC weather site: Mumbles, near Swansea, recorded its last measurable rainfall on 8 May.

This morning it's a mix of sunshine and little clouds so I think I'll take advantage of the not-too-hot weather and do some more gardening ready for my new roses.

For no reason, here's an old photo of my shell mandala. I have a large glass full of sea glass and keep thinking I could make pictures out of it. Maybe one day.

3 comments:

Boud said...

I like your mandala. But I deplore a lot of what's happening in the UK.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That shell mandala is lovely!

Ann said...

Very cool shell mandala