Tuesday, June 06, 2023

Foxy magpies

It's cloudy this morning so I'm trying to work through some of the things on my To Do list that have been neglected while the sun's been shining. But, of course, when it comes to it, I can't remember what's on my To Do list that I keep in  my head. 

I do have a written list but it is surprisingly short so I'm assuming most of it is on my To Do list in my head under, Write these on To Do list.

So far this morning I have ironed and had another attempt at rhubarb and white chocolate blondies. A bit better this time but as I usually make double quantities - to take to Zac's - it's always going to be a bit more difficult to get timings right. 

Part of the recipe involves making a rhubarb syrup gloop to spread over the top and 'skewer through'. Inevitably if the cooking time is longer I suppose the rhubarb will be over-browned. 

I think now I will go to town and get a plaque made for the arbour, in memory of George. Also I might have another go at getting wrist weights.

On Sunday I discovered two things. I can't remember the first but the second was that the sports shop on the shopping estates are rubbish - as I told the assistant. They only sell clothes. and shoes. Nothing useful like equipment. I was hoping to buy from a local shop so I could try them on first to check they're a comfortable fit.

The other thing I discovered was much more interesting I'm sure.

Meanwhile here's a fox in our garden being harassed by magpies.





8 comments:

Boud said...

That must mean a magpie nest nearby. The fox probably has plans there.

I just use dumbbells for arm exercises. Are wrist weights something you wear?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Gloop can be difficult.

Anvilcloud said...

I tell Alexa my shopping list as I/we think of things. It works very well. I am trying to do better with a To_Do list. We shall see how it goes. Meanwhile, a list kept in my head is no list at all.

Marie Smith said...

Leave it to the magpies. Priceless!

Polly said...

I'm sorry this is late, I thought I had subscribed to your posts. I was so very sorry to hear about George, he was a lovely boy and had a good life.

Ann said...

If I don't write things down I don't remember them.
Those magpie don't like that fox being around at all

Tasker Dunham said...

The fox doesn't look too bothered.

Cop Car said...

Ooh, what a lovely garden - sighing with envy.