Wednesday, May 24, 2023

A meander around the garden and a nasty shock

The first bloom on one of my new climbing roses.

Its buds have a very pinky tip.

I love this old established rose. It might have been here longer than we have. I'm sure Husband will correct me if I'm wrong.

You may recall that last year I took it upon myself to clear the shady bed and start planting. On my wander around the garden today I discovered that my forsythia, which had been flourishing, had disappeared. I also noticed heavy tread marks across the bed. 

I stomped inside. "You've chopped down my forsythia!"
"I didn't know you had one. And I didn't chop it down; I dug it up."

Mutter, mutter. 

 * * * * *


The Storied Life of AJ Fikry

Gabrielle Zevin

4*

A book about a bookseller, people who love books, people who love reading. Beautiful.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Oh no, he dug up the forsythia?
My husband used to mow things down all the time. When I would ask him about it his excuse was always well I didn't know

Boud said...

In my household screaming would have happened. And a demand for a replacement. And threatening gestures. Aside from that I'd have been very calm and accepting.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Too bad about the forsythia, but at least you still have your beautiful roses to comfort you.

Marie Smith said...

The blooms are gorgeous! They brighten the day!

Cop Car said...

What wondrous pinkish roses. Ummm...I can almost smell them.