Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Going old school

Went old school but with a new recipe for last night's Zac's. Raspberry jam and coconut tray bake. The recipe was from Jane's Patisserie - if you want a very sweet over-the-top treat that's the site to visit. 

The sponge was a bit heavier than my normal sponge but that was probably down to the coconut in the mix. It all disappeared anyway. Even without custard which is my favourite way of eating it. (Evoked memories of school dinners. Both Vince and I agreed sago was the worst.)

Back in this morning to make my usuals but today I wasn't alone. Stu and Bryan were just outside the kitchen pulling down the corridor ceiling, a large chunk of it outside the ladies' toilets having already collapsed of its own accord. The sooner the building work happens the better! It's been about to happen for several years now but this time it might actually come to pass.

* * * * *

I am trying hard to ignore the fact that our blank blank blank (fill in your own expletives) ex-PM Johnson has been giving evidence to a committee this afternoon about whether or not he misled parliament. It all goes back to lockdown and whether or not he knew that he was breaking lockdown rules by partying. 

He has already admitted to misleading parliament but it wasn't his fault. It was the fault of everyone else, not the man in charge who most days gave a televised briefing reminding all of us poor law-abiding citizens about the rules of lockdown. While Johnson partied countless people were unable to be with dying relatives.

That there are people that still support him causes me to give up hope.

I am also doing my best to ignore the rapidly-approaching hugely-expensive coronation. 

Take deep breaths.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, Boris Johnson is a bold-as-brass liar. I hope he gets his comeuppance.

Boud said...

I think he's been like that all his life. Incapable of admitting guilt.

The expense of the Coronation, or Chubbly in the vernacular, is the most tasteless, ugly idea. when large sections of the population are literally struggling between fuel and food, it's conspicuous consumption. So disrespectful. I could respect a decision for a quiet short ceremony with online participation by guests. But he waited decades and by gum and by Camilla, whose vernacular names I won't put in your blog, he's determined to have the lot.

Ann said...

Sounds like government officials are the same no matter what country you live in