Monday, November 28, 2022

Shall I write some Christmas cards?

Teacher messaged on Saturday to say exercise class was off on Monday. My first thought was, "Yay! A free morning!" My second thought was, "Oh no, I will have to go to the gym with Husband."

In the gym my heart monitor wasn't showing my heart rate so I paused the treadmill to try and work out why. Having failed I set the treadmill going again - and it kept going. Faster and faster and faster. I was convinced I was pressing the lower speed button but it kept going up and I was panicking. I had visions of me ending up on my face and shooting backwards off the treadmill. Fasterandfasterandfaster!

Eventually I had to leap onto the non-moving side bars. I did feel silly. But not as silly as I undoubtedly looked.

There is an emergency stop button but in my panic I forgot about that.

Perhaps that's why the cycling machine I went on afterwards reckoned my heart rate was 209. (I am 99% certain it was lying.)

Back home then a walk with Daughter, Louie and Toby to Pobbles. And tonight I'm off to see Mrs Harris Goes to Paris with Daughter-in-Law. (I mean D-i-L is coming with me not going with Mrs Harris.)

Below: how other people look in the gym; how I look in the gym. 

And I just remembered this video. They make it look easy!


4 comments:

Boud said...

Anyone can hold a jump rope but it takes a pro to jump off a moving treadmill!

Marie Smith said...

I hate the treadmill. It is so boring but it’s a treadmill day here because of the weather!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, that treadmill video! Yowza!

Abby said...

Treadmills can sometimes have a mind of their own it seems. Good that you survived.