Sunday, November 27, 2022

Not a lot

Rugby

At half-time Husband said to me, "You can relax now."

Against the odds Wales were beating Australia 34-13.

I replied, "I'll relax when the final whistle blows and they're still in the lead."

Needless to say, that didn't happen. In the second half Australia rallied and the game ended 34-39. And this was a second-best Australian team.

I've said it many times before but I'll say it again: it's the hope that destroys you.

Husband's weekend was no better as England were beaten by South Africa.

Football

Grandson3 tried to explain to me what needs to happen - who needs to beat or be beaten by whom - for Wales to progress to the next round of the World Cup. One thing is certain: we have to beat England on Tuesday evening. I don't even have any hope for that so I will just have to switch my allegiance to England in the next round.

Other stuff

Daughter-in-law had old school and university friends visiting for the weekend so Elder Son and two grandsons gave up their beds and came to stay with us. I'm sure there was something else much more interesting that I was going to say but it's gone. Slipped my mind and is currently floating somewhere over the Bristol Channel on its way to warmer climes.

Ah, wait, I remember something I wanted to record for my own purposes.

Husband had an ecg on Friday. The hospital told him to ask the GP for one. The GP is now recommending that the hospital does a longer-lasting monitoring as his heart has worsened. The NHS is, in spite of the crises it faces, still remarkably wonderful in urgent cases so I'm hoping the system will kick into action and check him out more thoroughly.

The GP said to continue with the gym visits. It seems illogical to me that a heart that is struggling should be exercised but what do I know? (Answer: not a lot about anything.)

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Canada qualified for the World Cup for the first time since 1986. Today we play Croatia. It's a do-or-die game because we already lost to Belgium in our first game. I think Canada's hope is just not to be beaten too badly.

Marie Smith said...

The World Cup is one everyone’s mind here too as Debra said.

Hope you husband gets speedy examination and treatment!

Boud said...

Very concerned about your husbands heart situation. Was it a cardio who said to exercise? If so, okay!

Liz Hinds said...

Just checked the Canada result, Debra. Looks like it'll be Wales and Canada on early flights home!

Thanks, Marie.

Boud, initially after having a heart attack he was sent to exercise and it was encouraged. He wears a heart monitor and checks his rate, makes sure it doesn't go above a certain level.

sparklingmerlot said...

How concerning for you but it looks like the NHS are on to it.
I am one of the few in this country who know nothing and care less about sport in all its forms. Our state government just threw AUD 15 MILLION at a netball team cos said team didn't like the insanely wealthy person who bailed them out in the first place. And our emergency services are crying out for more funds.
-Caro

Anonymous said...

Switch Alligence in next round to England?? You support Wales. Always have done. I don't think fans, switch teams when their teams lose. 😊😊. But maybe Wales will beat England. You never know. It could happen.. I don't support England, in fact I don't support any team.
..