Tuesday, October 04, 2022

Time for a treat

Woke this morning under a little cloud. Couldn't think why until I remembered. A rejection.

Not a direct rejection but the response to my enquiry, "If you haven't heard from us yet we're not interested." They said it in a nicer way but the message is the same.

Thought these were good socks to wear today, and I shall listen to Homer's advice.

Trying is the first step towards failure.

However, in a small step for mankind but a huge step for me, I'm going to Sainsburys today for the first time since lockdown began all those years ago.

I've popped in on occasion, grabbed one item and run out again but today I need a few things - I did my main shop online at the weekend - so I'm going to do it! I have three grandchildren and a puppy coming to stay for four nights today so need to stock up on inessentials i.e. treats. (For me and Husband who might need them.)

Postscript
Well, that was remarkably boring. I'm not sure what I was expecting but I'll not be bothering to go supermarket shopping in person again for a while. 


5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Don't think of it as "failure," think of it as "delayed success."

Sandra said...

I love the socks! I haven't been inside a grocery store since February 2020. The marvel of online shopping.

Kathy G said...

I think I shall adopt the idea of treats as inessentials. They sound much more important that way.

Boud said...

The rare occasions when I go to a supermarket, it's like an expedition. Especially when they move items from where they were six months ago when I was last in.

pam nash said...

Hmmm - I thought the definition of 'grocery store' WAS boring.