Tuesday, August 02, 2022

That time of the month

It's that time of the month. No, not that time. Thankfully those days are well behind me. Now my hormones just attack out of the blue.

No, I mean it's time to write my next article for The Bay. And I'm leading Zac's tonight so I've needed to prepare for that - but not as much as normal as we're on the beach for August and just doing a sort of Word for The Day type of thing.

And there's my radio talk to get written. (I dithered about continuing but feel God is calling me to go on. No, I don't actually feel that. That's what a better person would say and believe but that's much too spiritual for me. I've just decided to carry on for the time being.)

So I came up with a cunning plan. I tell you, Baldrick has nothing on me when it comes to cunning plans.

Use the same topic and either spread it out or cut it back as appropriate. And I have to say it's proving a good ruse.

Until I realise that the way I want to expand it for my talk is taking me into untrodden territory. I don't really know what I'm writing about so am researching, which isn't helping except to send me in circles. But I think I'm coming to a conclusion. Maybe. Possibly. Who knows? 

Meanwhile George continues to drive me wild. he has had a particularly bad yappy day today. 

In the meantime I have made crispy marshmallow cakes and written more of my novel. I am on fire, I tell you.

And still have time to scoff at potential future Prime Minister Liz Truss's instant U-turn. (She suggested pay cuts for public sector workers outside of the south-east of England. That went down well.)

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm glad you're on fire and it's not a hot flash, lol! You're a busy bee right now!