Monday, August 15, 2022

Potty

I had to go back to Mumbles this afternoon as I had a phone call to say the pottery GrandDaughter2 and I had painted last week had been in the kiln and was ready.

I thought I'd have to park on zig-zag lines outside the shop but found a large, easy-to-get-into space just opposite! I was so thrilled I felt I should stay there, make the most of it, but I didn't actually have anything else to do in the village. It was such a wrench . You don't often get spaces like that in summer in Mumbles.

Anyway, the pottery. I painted a plate to sort of match the mug I did last year. Looking at it more closely I see all the smudges and blurry bits but from a distance it's quite nice.


GrandDaughter2 painted a mermaid dish.
Isn't she clever?

* * * * * *
Today the weather has changed. No longer roasting hot - it reached a high of 31.8 in the shade in the garden yesterday and just over 26 in the pool - but pleasant and cloudy. I thought exercise class wouldn't be too bad. How wrong I was. Even though Elaine calmed it down and left out some of the more frantic movements all my clothes were sticking to me and there was sweat on my forehead. That's quite unusual for me but I think it did stop me going quite as red as I tend to.

Daughter has been working in our house today to get some peace. Unfortunately it didn't quite work out that well. In the time she was alone, between me leaving for exercise and Husband coming home from the gym, George had a seizure. Fortunately it didn't last too long and stopped before Husband could finish explaining to her over the phone how to give him the diazepam.

Then while I was picking up the pottery and Husband was upstairs wearing headphones George had another seizure. This time Daughter was able to call Husband but she thought he was in the garden so the delay meant the seizure had ended again before he could be treated.

George hasn't been at all well this last weekend. No seizures but the heat and maybe the new medication seemed to leave him very lethargic and struggling to get up. Fortunately the new medication was only for 48 hours so yesterday evening and early this morning he seemed to have picked up but then, of course, he had a seizure. And now he's had more of the new med. It's a vicious circle.



3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Both pieces of pottery are lovely! Sending hugs to poor old George.

Boud said...

My friend did a pottery painting session with her granddaughter as a birthday gift instead of endless stuff. What an inspired idea it is. I think she'll remember it long after gifts of things are forgotten.

Sorry about George. If the seizures are so brief, us it necessary to medicate? It does sap the energy because it slows down the brain response to stimuli. Just wondering here.

LL Cool Joe said...

Very impressive mermaid.

It's cooled down here in the South East of England and we actually had some rain yesterday. Boy did the grass need it!

Poor George. :(