Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Granny Day No. 2

Last night I made a decision.

That in itself is quite an achievement for a ditherer like me. What I decided is an even bigger achievement.

I am supposed to be in exercise this morning but I'm not going! (Just breathe and fight the guilt.)

This is, even by my standards, a hectic week. Monday, I went to exercise class and then spent time thinking about and writing my radio talk. GrandDaughter1 had a bad tummy and didn't want to go out with her family so she stayed with me for looking after, which didn't take much, just the occasional cuddle, sympathetic chat, pain au chocolat, and hot water bottle.

Yesterday it was the second Granny Day of the summer, this time with GrandDaughter2. We bowled, painted pottery, played in the park, and ate ice cream before coming home for a swim.

I lost again.

Walking to Verdi's we were both sad we didn't have our bathers with us. I grew up learning to swim from this promenade.

Then I led Zac's on the beach in the evening. 
Not a bad place for a get-together to talk about the wonder of creation.

Today should be exercise followed by cooking chilli for Zac's and helping sort clothes for a car boot sale, plus continuing the prep for my radio talk. 
Tomorrow I am child-minding three or possibly five grandchildren.
Friday I am accompanying Husband to his appointment with the heart doctor who has spotted a deterioration in his heart and wants to talk about options.
And at some point I have to finish writing talk - I've written most of it but then decided I have taken the wrong tack and need to revise - and record it.

So yesterday I told myself I am not really WonderWoman. I cannot do everything, hence the decision to skip exercise. (Fight the guilt, fight the guilt.)

But this evening I think we will definitely fit in a swim in the sea. The waters are very calm and pleasant at the moment.


3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, you ARE a busy busy bee! I don't think I could keep up that pace!

Boud said...

I think swimming will be as good as the exercise class anyway. It's a swap. Yes you're busy. B
Something's gotta give.

pam nash said...

Absolutely - swimming counts as exercise as does all the walking you've done! A Car Boot Sale. Is that the same as a Garage Sale here, I wonder?? (no the garage isn't for sale, just some of the stuff laid out in it.)