Thursday, July 07, 2022

And he's going

But not yet.

Johnson has said he will resign but in the autumn. Another minister, Jacob Rees-Mogg, has said he will not serve under another a prime minister. I saw a tweet saying this was the second piece of good news today and I copied it onto FaceBook.

Jacob Rees-Mogg hard at work, on the government front bench

In response a Christian leader for whom I once had respect said this, "Hah, mogg is a good guy, with a strong Christian faith. As I said previously politics regularly trumps Christianity in so many of your posts."

It's only me he ever responds to which makes me think he sees me as a weak link that he can bully into his way of thinking.

Husband on the other hand said, "It's your Christian faith that shapes your politics."

Two hours later

I had to go somewhere but I am still spitting and trying to refrain from responding because there's absolutely no point. I note he has now added to the discussion by gloating, "We still have a Tory government though. gr8t news lol."

Do not respond. Do not respond. Do not respond.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, I just heard about Boris Johnson's (delayed) resignation. We have the same situation here in Alberta with our premier. His party has turfed him but he's remaining on as leader and premier until his replacement is chosen in September.

Boud said...

Yes, sounds as if he's baiting. Rise above it, Liz, or the terrorists will have won. He wants your attention more than anything. I'm glad they're now looking for a successor, but wish there could be an early election. Not much chance, given they'd probably lose.

pam nash said...

My general opinion is - all politicians are a pain in the patootie - here, there and probably on some planet far far away. I'm not sure I believe holding any public office is supposed to be a full-time day job. Part-time or short-time maybe.

Anonymous said...

Tory philosophy and dogma is surely incompatible with being a Christian?

Polly said...

I hope you didn't respond.