Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Guess what!

Have come to the conclusion I have expensive tastes. All the statues I really like are in the thousands of pounds range and I can't really justify that on a whim.

Currently considering a Girl Reading statue and a Girl with Butterfly statue. Would really like the group one with Mum and two children but, as I say, a bit pricey. Also thinking about a large dandelion but it's one of those places that won't give you any idea of price. You have to ask. And as they say, if you have to ask you can't afford it.

* * * * * 

Last night I said to Husband, "Guess what? Bearing in mind that it's Tuesday tomorrow?"
He had a little think then said, "You're leading Zac's?"

The person who was going to lead it needs to be somewhere else now and as I'd already prepared the whole of chapter seven for last week - and we only got to verse fourteen - he wondered if I'd mind carrying on this week in his place.

I hope I get brownie points for this. 

Now to do some Welsh practice before dinner. Going away on holiday and not doing it for two weeks really threw me. That and the fact my brain isn't good at retaining knowledge. 

Rhaid i fi beidio boeni. I must not worry.

Now feeling I should have a photo I dipped into my stock at random.



2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like EVERYBODY knows you're the "go to" substitute leader at Zac's. You're leading practically every week!

PipeTobacco said...

That is a cool photograph!!!!! Very colorful and interesting! Ouch….. thousands of pounds for a statue for a garden?!?! I can definitely understand your reticence!!! Perhaps online you may find a statue? There are plastic varieties that mimic stone very convincingly and would be probably more reasonably priced. You might find one you like.

PipeTobacco