Friday, January 21, 2022

Down Memory Lane

Just me and George walking again today so I was able to fantasise about when I become REALLY BIG in Canada. Each week thousands of Canadians will tune in for Letter from Wales. 'It's been a funny old week here in Mumbles.'

Which set me off down Memory Lane.

On Sunday mornings I used to go to the 8 o'clock communion service with my Mum. We weren't allowed to eat before taking communion (why?) so would have breakfast when we go home. Sometimes scrambled egg on toast or porridge. Then it was time for Alistair Cook's Letter From America, followed by The Archers Omnibus. I think it was Two Way Family' Favourites after that, coming from exotic-sounding BFPO locations. Then over our Sunday roast it was comedy. I was too young and naïve to appreciate the rather risqué humour of Round the Horn but I liked The Clitheroe Kid. 'Come on, our Jimmy.'


1 comment:

Boud said...

I loved Letter from America. I always wanted to know more about the US than I could get in British newspapers.