Friday, December 10, 2021

With a little bit of this

At 10.15 this morning you would have found me in Verdi's tucking into this:


Because it's never too cold or too early for ice cream.

Busy old week - just for a change! I can't think exactly what I've done but it's included writing my radio talk, cooking chilli, marzipanning cakes 


and doing a jigsaw.

Dressed appropriately of course.
And while preparing the chilli I found this little boy pepper.
I've only managed one walk with George and Husband this week but did come across this beautiful stone.
I really struggled with my radio talk as I couldn't get it clear in my own head exactly what I was trying to say. But then I woke up in the middle of Tuesday night with a phrase in my head. I had to get up at 2.30 am, go into the bathroom and turn on the light, so I could write it down, otherwise I'd have forgotten it by morning.

The phrase: waiting is a state of mind. It makes sense in context, trust me. And it will give the radio station a good lead in to Billy Joel's New York State of Mind

And speaking of context I posted something on Facebook this morning that led to a negative comment from someone. I foolishly responded and he of course threw it back at me. I know he's like a dog with a bone so I had to stop but I went out to meet my friend at Verdi's feeling cross with myself for bothering to reply, and even crosser, because I know I have lots of good arguments I could have put but it would have been pointless. (I should mention that he was a Trump supporter to give you a clue as to his state of mind.)

A good chat putting the world to rights, aided by a large ice cream, soon made me forget him.





5 comments:

Kathy G said...

Ice cream makes everything better :-)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Someone's looking festive -- very festive INDEED! I love the painted rock you found.

Polly said...

A rude chill, well I never! :-) Love your jumper, and the stone. That is an awesome jigsaw.

Polly said...

oops, meant to say rude pepper!

pam nash said...

Ice cream makes me cold inside so I don't eat it when it's cold outside - however, here where I live we have nearly 10 months of summer!