Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Warning! Warning!

Switched Mini on to be greeted with an array of warnings!

Warning: low temperature!

Warning: low tyre pressure!

Warning: low fuel reserve!

Really, Mini, would it be too hard to just say, 'Have a nice day!'

Anyway, in spite of the potential hazards I made it to Pennard and joined Daughter and Daughter-in-law for a walk to Pobbles. 

On our way back up the hill we met an elderly lady who was going for a swim. The paths in the shade were still frosty! She urged us to join her. 'Maybe next time/year.'

* * * * *

While in town yesterday I popped into the Heart charity shop and stocked up on Christmas/wintery reads. (A bargain at four books for £5 - although as an author I don't know if I should be glad of that.)

If you recall I was in town because I wasn't required for jury service. I grumbled a bit about the fact that they could have let me know sooner.

Ahem, I discovered a text on my phone this morning, dated last Wednesday, in which they did just that.

And it was a good job I checked because I am needed tomorrow morning. To be part of a panel from which the jury will be selected. So at least I'll get one step closer and maybe more.


2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope you get picked!

Tasker Dunham said...

... so long as you don't get picked for one of those month-long trials where you have to stay in a hotel with the other jurors and aren't allowed to tak to anyone else