Thursday, July 01, 2021

Vanity, thy name is ...

That's the trouble with being polite: you end up with what you don't want.

For our Wednesday exercise class Jim, our trainer, lines up the weights in the middle of the hall in roughly heaviness order. I usually try to pick the ones in the middle, about 1.5 or 2 kg, but because I let everyone else choose first I ended up with the 2.5kg ones - although I didn't know that until I'd struggled through the class, refusing to appear weak by swapping them for some lighter ones. No wonder my arms were trembling.

Speaking of vanity, I made the mistake of pulling back my hair and looking in the mirror at the same time. Talk about grey areas. An emergency call to the hairdresser's and they can't fit me in until a week today! I shall have to wear a pulled-down bobble hat at all times.

Still on the vanity theme, having returned to Slimming World last week I am making a serious effort to resist the calories. Today for lunch I ate some rice, broccoli, and left-over chicken. Soy sauce failed to enliven it and even a spoonful of chilli sauce didn't lift it above the boring level. 

But it was healthy!

Now it's back to trying to record my next radio show. (Tee hee, I still get a kick out of saying that.) First attempt I was at double speed; second attempt, there were two of me speaking. 

Now sated (even if my taste buds weren't tickled) I shall hope for better results. It worked last week; I don't know why it's being so obstreperous this week. 

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I look like absolute hell in a baseball cap but I wore one this week to hide the worst of my greasy hair so I didn't have to shower before running out to do an errand.

pam nash said...

I go with the ball cap also to hide hair not fit for outside the house. However the pale gray works for me so that's a plus.

Janie Junebug said...

I'm slowly turning gray and undecided about covering it up. Maybe I'm better off not getting started so I don't feel I have to keep up appearances.

Love,
Janie