Friday, May 07, 2021

Worth the hailstones

I've wanted to visit the Botanic Gardens for some time, partly to see their annual tulip display but mostly to see the new wood sculptures in the wildflower/well-being garden.

We finally managed it on Wednesday and even though we had to spend a short while sheltering under a roof, and occasionally dodging hailstones, it was still worth the trip.

We had torrential rain on Monday, and I feared the tulips may have been battered down, but there were still a number upstanding.



I'm not sure what this plant is or if it's past its best but I thought it was really pretty anyway.

And now the sculptures.





Plus a young blackbird and a pretty watery spot.


Yes, well worth the hailstones.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wonderful sculptures and gorgeous flowers -- a great day out!

pam nash said...

I agree - well worth the occasional hail stone. I like the sculptures.