Friday, May 14, 2021

A necessity of life

Spent a lovely half hour in the library this morning. So much choice - and all free*! I don't understand why the library isn't always packed. Although I'm glad it's not.

I apologise to authors whose books were on the bottom two shelves: my thighs hurt to much to crouch down and peruse.

After I'd saying I'd just pick two or three, I came home with five. A mix of favourites and try-outs.

Have you read any of them?

After the library I went to the Post Office where I was served by a lovely gentleman. He looked as though he might have been a retired postmaster who was just doing the odd day as he was very careful and slow, and making sure he was getting everything right. He was lovely and quite a change from PO counter assistants of old who all seemed to have attended the same training school as doctor's receptionists.

Grandchildren coming for tea (in the garden - let's hope the rain holds off) this afternoon so will make a lemon drizzle cake now I think.

* I know libraries aren't actually free: we pay for them with our rates. But really if we're paying for them that's all the more reason to use them.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Libraries have always been of central importance to my personal and working life!

Janie Junebug said...

When I was a student, I loved doing my research for essays in libraries.

Love,
Janie

Terra said...

I am a retired librarian and love this post. My post today touches on libraries and has some whining in it!