Monday, March 08, 2021

Things you have to remember

I adore our super-king-size bed - except when it comes to changing the duvet cover.

Husband was upstairs when I was doing it this morning so I called him to help me. 'Hold here, now hold here, now pull through,' I said.

'There's no opening,' he said. I sighed.

He found it and we managed it eventually but I said, 'I'd better not die before you or you'll never change the bed.'

Husband shrugged. 'I won't need to.'

Honestly he's getting more like his father every day. At least his father had a nagging concerned wife who made sure he washed/changed his clothes on a regular basis. I am a bit oblivious. I only just noticed food from yesterday's dinner on my jumper.

* * * * * * *

Do you remember when going out was a simple process? Have I got my keys was the only question I asked myself. It's not like that now.

Have I got my keys?

Have I got my mask?

Have I got my driving glasses?

Have I got my phone - Husband insists on me taking it just in case?

If I'm taking my phone, then have I got my reading glasses?

When Husband and I walk George there are added the questions for Husband:

Have you got your puffer - in case of heart problems?

Have you got the lead?

Have you got a hankie - nothing worse than sniffing for a whole walk? (Because of my permanently runny nose I always have mine.)

Okay let's go.

It's not until I've pulled the door behind me that I notice we don't have George. Oops.



8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hahahahahaha! George got lost in the shuffle.

Cop Car said...

Please take George when walking him, Liz - lol. The thing I am most apt to forget is my phone - frequently finding that I've not yet turned it on for the day. My car keys are in my purse, so I remember to take my purse. Two masks (usually worn, together) and spare driving glasses are kept in my car - except for when I bring one mask in for washing. I frequently find, once I've driven a ways down our street, that I've gone off wearing my reading glasses. Well...occasionally I fail to notice that until I get home. A box of facial tissues, a small cannister of chewing gum, and a pair of binoculars are always in my car. Heck! I could live in my car as long as I grabbed my purse before going out to it.

Marie Smith said...

Lol. I can relate to all the gear we need to take with us these days. If I leave the house with everything, there’s no guarantee I will get everything into the store, especially the list.

nick said...

Changing a double-duvet cover is a pain in the bum. But that only applies when we have a visitor. Jenny and I have separate duvets, which avoids all the arguments about who's hogging the duvet.

Janie Junebug said...

Poor George.

Love,
Janie

Kathy G said...

Your experience getting out of the house sounds SO much like mine!

Polly said...

Poor George, I can just hear him saying "They'll be back in ..... about now"! There was a time when it was just keys, lippie and phone, now it's keys, mask and phone!

PipeTobacco said...

Hah! I concur about the travel. It is taxing at times!

PipeTobacco