Saturday, February 27, 2021

What will the day bring?

After a fairly stable period emotion-wise I suddenly went downhill today. Even a nice walk in the sunshine didn't completely do the trick. So I'm going to try and work it out in the garden. Physically work it out that is.

I need to be a in a good mood later on this afternoon: it's the BIG GAME. Wales takes on England in the rugby Six Nations championship. Wales has managed two wins, while England only one, but neither team has played particularly enthrallingly.

So with Husband at one end of the sofa cheering for England and me at the other end shouting loudly for Wales it will be - always is - a tense fixture.

Debra sent me this cartoon today (for Husband's amusement). Thank you, Debra. x


I'm really hoping it will be the England team leaving the field with sad hopeless little faces at the end of the game today.

* * * * * * * 

I know you'll be desperate to see:


First coat on and a definite improvement. Could be a little darker ... but I'm sticking with this. 

8 comments:

Cop Car said...

I like your new color. Well done!

Love the cartoon.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I had a fab day yesterday. ☀️🚶‍♀️☀️🚶‍♀️☀️💙☁️. Walk and sunshine. Today the sun is shining., but I'm not. I did my online Exercises as I usually do every day. Boom. Boom. I love doing them. Thought it would lift me. Nope. Today would have been my wedding anniversary. It is getting easier. So I just screamed into a pillow. Arrrrgggggghhhhhh.

No interest in watching rugby whatsoever., oh so if Wales aren't playing, but England is, you support England. But you support Wales if they play each other. I support neither. .. Do you and Mike talk during the game? Or just sit and make noises?? X

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks, CopCar.

I'm glad time is healing, Anne. But have a good scream when you need it.

Yes, we talk during rugby, Anne. Well, actually not during the game as we're too busy watching.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, my timing with that meme was great -- I had NO IDEA there was a big match about to happen! I hope you both enjoy the game.

The new repainted handrail looks perfect now!

Polly said...

The cartoon is so funny. The handrail looks much better.

Marie Smith said...

I hope the game helps how you feel today.

That new colour is much better.

Janie Junebug said...

That's a nice paint job. Leave it to Debra to find something so funny.

Love,
Janie

Liz Hinds said...

I don't know about enjoying the game, Debra, but we lived through it.

Thanks all, for good paint comments. I'm much happier with it.