Sunday, December 06, 2020

Apologies and a catch-up

First of all, apologies to all. I've not been visiting blogs this week and I do apologise. Busy week.

Husband's birthday on Tuesday. We had a lovely though cold walk at Rhossilli.


Then Daughter and family came round after school for birthday cheesecake.
Meeting on Wednesday morning, gym on Friday morning, and rugby-watching on Saturday. (Wales won.)

Other than that most of the time I've been hard at work on my secret project but I did stop long enough today to go to Brandy Cove for a picnic with Younger Son and grandchildren. December and it's warm enough for a picnic on the beach.


What else apart from that?

I've read The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett. HM the Queen comes across a mobile library at Buckingham Palace and feels obliged to borrow a book. She gradually begins to fall in love with reading for pleasure, so much so that it rather takes over her life, much to the disapproval of her courtiers.

Having been watching The Crown I read this hearing Olivia Colman in the role. A lovely and short read. 5*

* * * * * *
Catching a glimpse of myself in my nightie I could see Husband's point about it being a bit dowdy. It's not one I would have chosen had it not been in the sale and I had some free vouchers to spend. So I decided I'd order myself a prettier, shorter, lacier one.

It's very pretty - and it's comfy - but when I ordered it I didn't realise it came with a thong.

Seriously? I wouldn't wear one in the daytime. Surely no-one would wear this in bed?!



11 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Liz:

Your husband looks like he is feeling really well! I am glad. I do not remember seeing a picture of your younger son before. It looks like you all had a great time!!!! Your son and his kids clothes were very bright and festive!!!

Again, if you ever feel so inclined.... I still think it would be fascinating to read about the self publishing process and how you like it. It seems very interesting. I am not sure if you may have already done that on one of your other blogs or not, but if so, what dates would you suggest I look at if you have already described it there?

PipeTobacco

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Why don't you just wear that thong to bed and see what your husband says, hmmm?

Liz Hinds said...

PipeTobacco, I'm sorry, I meant to reply to your previous comment about self publishing. I will definitely write about the process in the near future and I'll make sure I send you a link.

I put it on and showed him, Debra. He laughed and laughed.

nick said...

Thongs always look remarkably uncomfortable. I'm sure they're only worn to cater for strange male tastes. But I see even Mike finds them laughable.

Anonymous said...

Turned upside-down, the thong might make a mask?

Polly said...

Lovely photos and a lovely time you had. I wore thongs years ago, but I wouldn't wear them now! I've read the Uncommon Reader and really enjoyed it.

Marie Smith said...

It is quite like a mask!

Belated best wishes to your husband.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Oh dear, the triangular thing/thong looks desperately uncomfortable!

pam nash said...

As I have said before - I envy your closeness to the beach. Warm here also for beach walking though I suspect we won't be nearly as heavily clothed. Honestly - I don't quite understand the allure of a thong. Wouldn't you walk around constantly picking at your rear-end all the time?

mrsnesbitt said...

I bought your book Liz now I am not on your listsad times

Ole Phat Stu said...

FWIW : thong is a Vietnamese word meaning information :-)

So if you are in Hanoi and a handsome young policeman asks to see your thong,
he means your identity papers, so no need to get your knickers in a twist ;-)