Friday, October 02, 2020

My To Do List is ready

 I feel that's a good start.

It is quite a daunting list though so let's begin with something I can do easily: write a blog post.

I am currently trying to update my writing blog and keep it more regular, as well as creating an email sign-up subscription list, and a newsletter. As each step gets more complicated I need to read articles, watch videos, and mutter and swear a lot under my breath. This takes time but I think it's what I need to do to help promote and market my books generally and my new book soon. (Have I mentioned I hate this bit? Makes writing seem like a doddle.)

So basically what I'm saying is that I may not be writing here quite so often. That said, I frequently need to vent, to empty my head, so I'll still be here.

In other news, I read today that Trump and Mrs T have covid. I'm sure I'm not the only one to suspect this is fake news so that at the end of isolation he can emerge and say, 'See, I told you it was nothing to worry about.' Husband said, 'Surely his doctors wouldn't go along with that,' but I am of the opinion that they would. How depressing it is to have an American President - leader of the free world - who is totally untrustworthy, and who thinks nothing of lying. And gets away with it. (And don't get me started on the current British government.)


Anyway, on to pleasanter things. Do you remember I filmed a talk for a local church a few months ago? This week I received a thank you card enclosing an Amazon voucher. When I've spoken at places in the past I've always been given money that I've passed on to Zac's - that sounds as if I am regularly invited as guest speaker at places: I'm not! - but I can't really do that with a voucher, so I'm very excited about having to spend it myself. Why is having a voucher to spend so much more exciting than just buying something? And I can tell you now that I will dither over exactly what to use it for, although Fredrik Backman's new book, Anxious People, is top of the list.

Through lockdown (Swansea) libraries haven't been buying new books so they've got a backlog to catch up on, so don't have it in stock at the moment, and I do love his books.


I'm still working through the apples and pears I was given. Some I've given away, the three cakes went off to Zac's, and last night I baked some apples. Unfortunately I forgot to score them around so ... they burst, leaving me with apple mush puree. Very nice with ice cream. As are most things.

Finally in this round-up of my week, I've joined the university gym!

I prefer classes to working by myself in the gym but Husband goes three times a week and only one of my classes is currently running, so I'm going to give the gym a go. It's pay as you go and no registration fee so it's worth a try.

This morning I did a Joe Wicks 20 minute full body workout. At the end he always says, 'Now remember how feel after you've worked out!' I assume he's thinking, 'enthused, energised, empowered, ready for anything'; all I could think was 'knackered.'

P.S. Looking for an image of Anxious People I 'accidentally' bought the book. Then I realised I hadn't used my voucher ...

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The first step is having the "to do" list ready! Enjoy your book and you can use the gift card for another one!

Liz Hinds said...

That's what I think, Debra! But decisions, decisions!