Friday, October 02, 2020

And you see what happens?

I get distracted. 

I am trying to do one of things on my list - find an old story I'd written - and somehow I end up a million miles away. 

I did a search for a word, vase, and it came back with nothing. I searched older and older files, and still found nothing. Eventually I resorted to browsing through a list of files, hoping I'd recognise the title of the piece, because of course I couldn't remember it.

And that's when I started opening other files, reading things, things that weren't familiar, thinking, 'Did I write this?, coming across gems and re-saving them in a current folder. 

So not entirely a million miles away but definitely a few.

P.S. I did find the story in the end, despite Word's unhelpful searches. But now I can't remember why I wanted it.

3 comments:

Marie Smith said...

May as well chuckle about it. You will remember eventually! That’s how it works here.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Ha ha, welcome to ALL our worlds! I was very proud of myself the other night for remembering some actor's name after a few tries, but now I've forgotten it again.

Polly said...

ha, ha, that's priceless :-)