Tuesday, September 01, 2020

A new arrival

 It started with ... I don't remember exactly what came first.

Was it finding the auction site or was it needing a new monitor? Hm, I think the latter. Husband had been complaining that the monitor he was using for his laptop wasn't big enough to show everything he needed.

Over winter he retires to his cave (a spare bedroom) and plays Civilisation, and does genealogy, and his eyesight was getting worse the screen was too small. So he began investigating replacements - which is where the auction site came in I think.

One of the options he considered was taking our television upstairs to use and getting a new one for us downstairs. He discarded that idea when he tried it and found the resolution of the television wasn't good enough. So it was back to finding a monitor, which he did eventually.

But by now our fate was sealed: we were getting a new television whatever. 

After much consideration, um-ing and aah-ing, comparing brands and models, checking the latest Which report, and finding the cheapest price, he finally ordered one. And it arrived today.

It's not quite as ginormous as I feared. I just went in to see how he was getting on setting it up. He said, 'I've got all the apps but I can't work out how to get ordinary tv on it.'

Maybe he needs to use the MAGIC remote!

For years I've been saying all this new-fangled technology is magic and now it's official!

Husband tells me it has Alexa. If you recall I've had my problems with Alexa in the kitchen. This could be a painful experience for at least one of us.


3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, there's nothing like a big screen TV and a big computer monitor! Makes everything so much easier to see. Enjoy!

Marie Smith said...

I miss the days of the old tvs when you had to get off the couch to change channels. Life seemed simpler.

pam nash said...

Ohhhhhh - my new TV didn't come with a MAGIC remote - just an ordinary remote. I want a Magic one!