Friday, July 31, 2020

It is well

Yesterday morning I had an appointment at the library to drop off my books and collect others. I'd ordered The Remains of the Day, and asked the librarian to choose some others for me. She made very good choices - so good I'd already read them all.

I had some time to spare before going to collect the food to take to Zac's and I was tempted to go into the M&S Food Hall. I got as far as the threshold and changed my mind. I didn't need anything; it was just the idea of actually picking my own food - and maybe something different at that - that was the attraction. I'm usually last minute and distracted when I place my food order so I just get all the usual things.

Today I also had time to spare in between a brief meeting and food collection so I went for a little walk. I was alone and it felt so odd to be walking anywhere without purpose or George or Husband.

I paddled in the sea and sat on a rock where I felt I could happily say, 'All is well with my soul.' I even started singing, which rapidly cleared the beach.



No comments: