Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Deserving of a reward

One lot of local grandchildren had their excellent school reports yesterday, which was reason enough to celebrate them with ice cream today. Afterwards we walked along the cliff top at Southgate and climbed a tree.
The best bit was me trying to get down again.

* * * * *
Zac's study went well last night. Lots of contributions and a general head-scratching about various Old Testament bible passages. Now it's back to working on the novel. Editing mostly but I also need to think about marketing. Writing a novel is hard work but promoting a book (one's self basically) is an even bigger nightmare.

8 comments:

Marie Smith said...

You are a brave soul to climb that tree. Well done for a safe return to solid ground.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've never been that high up in a tree! Were you a cat in a former life?

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

You jumped?

PipeTobacco said...

Oh my.... that looks scary high! I am not coordinated enough for climbing. I am too much of a klutz. What flavor of ice cream did you get, if you had some?

PipeTobacco

Liz Hinds said...

It was a lot harder coming down than going up, Marie!

Nor me, Debra. Maybe a cat. Or a vulture.

Not this time, Sonata. I learned my lesson last time when I injured my shoulder.

Did I have ice cream, PipeTobacco? Of course. Raspberry cheesecake and Crunchie ice cream.

Debbie said...

i remember being in my children tree fort, when i was young and fit!! it had a ladder and easy access. climbing a tree now, is out of the question for me, clearly not for you. you are a courageous soul!!

ice cream is the best way to celebrate good grades and a job well done!!

Geo. said...

To quote Jimi Hendrix,"Foxy Lady!" Of course I always think that when I see women 50 feet up a tree.

pam nash said...

Wow - up a tree and down again! Nice!